Monday 30 January 2012

And then the train came....

So it's the beginning of a huge week for the Trek team, Joe is back from the Rodeo and all enthused to test my fitness. And here I was thinking I was half fit - untill i jumped on the Deadly Treadley to "smash" out 10kms...more like grunt and groan and muscle burn my way through 7kms...and not a meter more!Half fit my arse. So now I am begrugingly adding the bike to my regime and having to bump the mile for me and the critters to 30kms a day. Oh joy!
My day started at 5am and by 5.15 I was thinking I would take woggie out for a lap on his own. by 5.30 I had decided to take Buck and Woggie out - it was still pitch black and Woggie was decidedly on his toes, waiting to see which monster would jump out of that bush over there !! LOL. Neverless we all settled into our work and were cruising along quiet nicely...that is untill I heard THAT sound. A train. Coming quick. Shit shit shit. Now I have met many a train on this track but never have I met one in the dark...well dawn by now really...everything was hazy and shadows were mistaken for bushes and bushes were mistaken for shadows - u get the picture. A quick look around confirmed that there was nowhere to go but forward so- we just kept trotting (u know I could hear Dory in my head "just keep swimming"....haha) Suddenly the train was there and I had to fight the urge to collect up Buck and hang on him (haha bit nervous by now). Shit this train was hoofing along! Carraiges were squealing (well thats not what they sound like but unless u've heard it before its hard to explain...) horses ears were pricked and.....nothing....we just kept trotting. Pays to have a little faith in your critters because yes, in the dark every bush holds a monster but a train is still just a train...something we see everyday. Buck tossed his head while I promised him extra tucker and rubbed Woggies neck, ya know 'cuz they did a good thing lol. He seemed to be sayin' "geeze woman - what do u think I am? A friggin idiot? Now lets get home so we can eat!!" Amen to that.
So we carried on, got to our last little stretch of road on the way home, stepped around the big pepper tree and OMG...A MONSTER!! No wait, it's just a man and his dog....Buck kept his head heading for home while we wrangled Woggie back into the fold as he was heading back after that train...which was less scary than the man and his dog. Oh my...the things that test us ;)



Untill next time

"When in doubt - ride on" - Joe Cooper

Ebs x

No comments:

Post a Comment